We had a momentous first back on October 19th. An event so momentous that I feel it officially welcomes me to "Mommy of 2-dom." Can you guess what it is?
I took BOTH the kids for our weekly Walmart run!! :0) In my book, that's a sign that you've "made it" in the world of Mommy!
Being the picture fanatic that I am, I, of course, took along my camera to document this big event. I whipped out the camera in the produce section without any shame. I think some people even had to wait on me to get the picture, but this was a big deal. :0)
Emily, of course, did not care to show her face for this very important picture.

Hunter was good as gold. He is the best little baby and very rarely gives us any trouble. I don't know if I'm more relaxed this time around, if boys are just easier, if Emily was just that tricky as a baby, or if he's just that good of a kid.....I think it's a combination of all 4. (Thank you, God, for blessing us with this child! And thank you for blessing us with Emily, too!)

Before we left, I tried one more time for a picture. This time it worked. The reason it worked? I bribed Emily and told her she could have some candycorn if she smiled for the camera. I know, I know--don't bribe your kids.....unless it's for really important photos! :0) And for memory sake, I feel that I should document that Mrs. Linder, a sweet lady from church, saw me in the parking lot and helped load all our groceries into the car. I love sweet gestures.....and I'm very thankful to have that sweet memory from Hunter's 1st Walmart trip.

And on a side note--- those car buggies are very fun, and they do a great job of entertaining your toddler in the store, but WHERE ARE THE GROCERIES SUPPOSED TO GO? I have now figured out a new position for the carseat that allows for more grocery room, but this is definitely a dilemma when shopping.
And now to prove that I still occasionally (ok, not too occasionally) try to have Emily use the potty, I have included a picture from later that day. Maybe it's just me, but diapers are just so convenient, and I'm okay with letting her continue in them a little longer. I suppose that's the lazy mom in me, but I'm not ready to fight the resistance yet. Maybe after Christmas...... :0)
5 comments:
I am impressed!! Is that a purse or diaper bag in the first picture? I am on the search for a new diaper bag for baby boy #2 and like that bag (if it is a diaper bag!).
Way to go!! I felt the same way after I took the kids to Kroger! I would wear Andrew in the sling lots of times to free up buggy space and so he would be more content.
Congrats on your first trip! With the age my boys are now, I would rather starve than take both of them to the grocery with me! ha!
Here's a little tip I use on my boys for taking pictures. Look at her and say in your most serious voice, "Whatever you do Emily, DON'T SMILE. Don't you do it, don't smile, don't you look at the camera, don't laugh. etc etc. Since she's at the age where she is probably going to do the opposite of everything you tell her, this little trick might work. It definitely works for my strong willed little boys who don't want to do ANYTHING I tell them too. ha! Let me know if it works ;)
Congratulations! =)
A very big accomplishment indeed! I sure could NOT do it!
Post a Comment