Today was the first day that I awoke with both Emily and Hunter-- alone!
I tried sneaking out of bed when I heard Hunter crying on the monitor.
I nursed him, and as I was changing his diaper, I thought I was home-free and heading back to bed.
Just as the thought entered my mind, my sweet Emily comes walking through the door and climbs up on her stool to watch me finish the diaper change.
I had forgotten to turn the sound off on the monitor in our room where her bed is, so we were now all officially up for the day.
Emily wanted pancakes for breakfast, so I put Hunter in his swing and gathered up the ingredients.
Emily stirred everything together and then hopped down to play while I poured them onto the pan to cook.
It was at this critical moment that my laid back little man decided to begin screaming at the top of his lungs.
And Emily, not to be outdone, got "stuck" on her bike (Yes, her bike is inside.) and couldn't reach the baby she had dropped mere centimeters from her foot.
You can guess that about half of that batch of pancakes ended up burned, but I scraped the char from ones that could be salvaged and we sat down to eat.
I believe I ended up nursing at the table, but my baby girl had breakfast with her Mommy.
We continued through a
barrage of never-ending diaper changes--size 1 and 4, feedings, and playtime.
Around 1:30 I began the process of naps.
I got Hunter down and settled in with Emily and a book.
Of course, Hunter woke up, the phone wouldn't stop ringing, etc, etc, etc.
At 3:00, buried under 2 children and a pile of pillows, I realized I had won the
nap time battle.
Both children were asleep!
They were both laying on me and my left arm was numb under all the weight, but BOTH CHILDREN WERE ASLEEP!
I noticed the sounds of my two sweet babies breathing and suddenly realized that after all the chaos of the day, God had placed me right in the middle of (underneath, actually) a very beautiful moment.
Thank you, God, for my children.
Twenty minutes later a man arrived to finish staining our front door and Hunter woke (again) wanting to eat, but I had a few moments of pure sweetness.....
I was able to snap a quick shot of the scene with my phone.
It was just too sweet not to capture.

7 comments:
love it! i'm glad you found a moment of joy in all the madness of the day.
So sweet!!!
PRECIOUS moments. I can remember feeling like that when Grace was a newborn, and then just so overwhelmed with love when she was peacefully asleep on me! :) Hang in there super mama... you have your thoughts straight, and that's what matters!! :)
So sweet and precious! You're doing great with the both of them!!
You had me laughing out loud! So glad you write this all down. Hope you got your Starbucks that day!
That is precious! I'm glad God gave you that moment. =) And that you realized it. But I wanna know how you didn't fall asleep yourself!
This is so sweet. It even makes me miss diapers for two! Congrats on your beautiful family.
Post a Comment