Saturday, November 21, 2009

Buffalo Park

I just realized I never posted pictures from our trip to Tupelo's Buffalo Park......back in September. Oops- slightly behind! This park is our version of a zoo. We have some really great animals, but they don't have the nice space like so many zoos do. Although it's a little sad to see some of the animals in smaller spaces, the park lets you get up CLOSE and PERSONAL with the animals which is really neat. We were 5 feet from the lions-- my chest actually rattled when they roared! We touched the giraffes, and they ate out of our hand. I didn't realize how huge those things were until I was standing face to face with them! It was definitely a neat experience.....even for me! It's almost like the animals are more like pets. We had a really good time and got to experience it all with Brad's parents. We treated them for Mr. Ronnie's birthday. (The real present was just getting to see Emily experience this for the first time.) We had a fun day and will definitely be going back for the pony rides once Emily is a little bigger!


I was fascinated by the giraffes, but Emily
wasn't quite so sure about it-- Although she's still
talking about them to this day!




A buffalo is huge and much more intimidating
in person than I had imagined!
(I suppose I should do a plug here....Go LU Bisons!)




The famous Oliver-- You may have heard about
him on The Tonight Show. That famous little
monkey is right here in Tupelo! He now has an
extra fence around him b/c of his escape routine!

3 comments:

Ash and Toby said...

I LOVE the pic of the foot!!

K said...

That was a wonderful birthday present to Big Daddy. It was fun watching Emily see the animals. Also, you were so brave letting that giraffe eat out of your hand! K

Lori said...

nice LU plug! haha
looks like yall had fun!